Custom Search

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Photo Walk with Chase Jarvis and Robert Scoble

7 days ago I drove up to Seattle, WA after work. I was drawn there by a Twitter invitation from Chase Jarvis to join him and Robert Scoble for a morning photo walk. The post said something to the affect of, "If you're tough enough to be at my studio at 7am on Friday, Robert and I are going to talk cameras and coffee." Not a direct quote but a pretty close paraphrase. I even sound like a huge dork on the video Chase made throughout the morning.

Here is a photo I snapped during the walk: (Scoble behind the lens and Jarvis on the phone)

I rolled in around 11:15pm and slept in my truck a few blocks from Chase's studio in a nice, quiet and dark neighborhood. Got up early and got took this with my iPhone of the Wollingford Steps:

Part of the walk was through Gas Works Park on Lake Union. The park offers really nice views of downtown Seattle and the Space Needle:

And because Chase is awesome, after the walk we all headed back to his studio where he did a Q&A for about 45 minutes before he had to return to his business as a working professional photographer:


There are some more photos from the morning in my Fotki albums.

No comments: