Custom Search

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Flat Tire Blues

This is a true story that must have started sometime Saturday night. My friend Mindy picked Kim and I up Sunday around 2pm to go out and go climbing. When we went out I noticed that my passenger front tire was totally flat, sitting on the rim. So, you know, I was like, "that sucks, but I'll take care of it Monday morning." I thought I had a nail or screw stuck in it and would be able to take it up tp the Les Schwab and they would plug it and I would be done.

But NO - some jackass stuck a knife through the sidewall. Lucky for me the Les Schwab folks are awesome and came out and put my spare on for me. My truck has a lift with 32" tires and so my little bottle jack wasn't enough to get it off the ground for me to change myself.

After the Schwab guy left, it then took me 4 hours and 2 Les Schwabs later to get a matching replacement tire that cost me $220.00. That was my Monday Morning Flat Tire Blues and I've been recovering from that until now.

The picture is my truck parked next to the U.M.W.A. boulder along Cottonwood Canyon Rd. in the Joe's Valley area of Utah, just outside of Castledale and some cows (all open range land). I was to distraught to remember to take a picture of my poor flat tire.

No comments: