Custom Search

Friday, November 9, 2007

Which came first?



The misery or the pop music? Rob Gordon (John Cusack) from 'High Fidelity' says it best:

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

And I feel that sums it up. It has been nice here in Portland, OR for the last couple of weeks, but today the rain is going to start again and it could very well rain until June. Talk about misery.

But the goal with this blog is not to espouse so much about misery and rain, but the place I live - Portland, and the places I go - work, bouldering, traveling, hanging with friends and river hiking (more on that later).

So that's it for now.

Spencer out

No comments: