Custom Search

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

lighting

A couple of photos actually taken with an off camera flash.  They are from the same boulder at Carver called the Wave Boulder.

The first is of my very lovely Kimmy on a problem called Objection, V3.  It would make a good shoe ad for Five Ten. 


And this one is of the very photogenic Pirate Reverend Carl on Legal System, V2. The bare flash creates some hard shadows, but gives a skateboard mag look to the photo.


I'm using a Canon 580EX flash on manual and hand held with a Nikon D40 for the photo capture.

2 comments:

marco said...

I like both my brother. Hope you got to boulder at carver today. But it looked as if it was going to get a little dank today. Cheers to the crew.
l8r
duff

Anonymous said...

Nice pics - I was googling "carver bouldering" and found your blog. Hope you guys are doing well! -Vandy